Succession planning and management guide
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject à to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Table of Contents
- The business case
- What is succession planning and management?
- How does succession planning and management link with integrated HR and business planning?
- Planning considerations
- Steps and considerations
- Respecting the key values of transparency, fairness, and accessibility
- The five-step process
- Who are the various players and what are their roles?
- Critical success factors
- Examples of departmental practices
- Frequently asked questions
- Additional sources of information
- Additional reference material
- Appendix A: sample template for an employee profile
- Appendix B: sample template for a key position profile
- Appendix C: Succession Planning and Management for Senior Managers Checklist: Steps & Considerations
- Date modified: