Succession planning and management guide
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject à to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Additional reference material
- Australian Public Service Commission. Managing succession within the APS. Available at http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications03/managingsuccession.htm
- Belcourt, M. and K. J. McBey. Strategic Human Resources Planning. Toronto: Thompson, Nelson, 2004.
- Cheloha, R. et J. Swain, “HR’s role in succession planning”, Canadian HR Reporter, octobre 2005.
- Corporate Leadership Council. Succession Planning in the Government Sector. Washington, D.C.: Corporate Executive Board, 2004.
- Corporate Leadership Council. High-impact Succession Management: From Succession Planning to Strategic Executive Talent Management. Washington, D.C.: Corporate Executive Board, 2003.
- Corporate Leadership Council. Hallmarks of Leadership Success: Strategies for Improving Leadership Quality and Executive Readiness. Washington, D.C.: Corporate Executive Board, 2003.
- Corporate Leadership Council. Overcoming leadership shortages with succession planning. Washington, D.C.: Corporate Executive Board, 2001.
- Fulmer, R. M. and J. A. Conger. Growing Your Company's Leaders. Amacon: New York, 2004.
- Hirsh, W.Succession Planning Demystified. The Institute for Employment Studies: Brighton, 2000.
- Marson, B. and P. Ross. Deputy Ministers identify top management issues. Institute of Public Administration of Canada, 2004. Available at http://www.iapc.ca/Lesondage2004
- National Academy of Public Administration. Final Report and Recommendations: The 21st Century Federal Manager, 2004. Available at http://www.napawash.org
- National Academy of Public Administration. Strengthening Senior Leadership in the U.S. June 2006, http://www.napawash.org
- Rioux, S. M. and P. Bernthal. Succession Management Practices. Washington: Development Dimensions International. Available at http://www.ddiworld.com
- Rothwell, W. J. Effective Succession Planning. Amacom: New York, 2001.
- United States General Accounting Office. Insights for U.S. Agencies from other countries succession planning and management initiatives. Report to Congressional Requesters, September 2003. Available at http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d03914.pdf ( PDF version 1.46 mb)
- Weiss, D. S. and V. Molinaro. The Leadership Gap. Building Capacity for Competitive Advantage. Mississauga: John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
- Date modified: