ARCHIVED - Systems Under Development (Audit Guide) - March 1, 1991
This page has been archived.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Appendix I: Bibliography
- The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. Computer Control
Guidelines. CICA, 1986.
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
Computer Audit Guidelines. London, England: CIPFA, 1984.
- Gallegos, Richardson, and Bortheck. Audit and Control of
Information Systems. Cincinnati: South-Western Publishing, 1987.
- Halper, Davis, O'Neil-Dunne and Pfau. Handbook of EDP Auditing.
Boston: Warren, Gorham and Lamont, 1985. Chapter 7 deals with system development. Additional information
appears in a supplementary publication - the 1986 and 1987
Handbook of EDP Auditing Supplements by the same authors.
- Institute of Internal Auditors. Guidelines to Controls for
Data Processing Environments. Altamonte Springs, Florida: IIA, 1983.
- Jenkins and Pinkney. An Audit Approach to Computers. London,
England: Leighton-Straker, 1978.
- Mair, Wood, and Davis. Computer Control and Audit. Altamonte
Springs, Florida: The Institute of Internal Auditors, 1984.
- Rothberg. Structured EDP Auditing. Belmont, California: Lifetime
Learning Publications, 1983. (Note: The above references are available in the OCG's audit resource
- Auerbach. A Standard For Auditing Computer Applications Using
Audit Software Packages. Boston: Warren, Gorham and Lamont.
- Auerbach EDP Publications Inc. Auerbach EDP Auditing. Ponnsouhen,
New Jersey, 08109.
- Boar, Bernard H. Application Prototyping: A Project Management
Perspective. New York: American Management Association, 1985.
- Boar, Bernard H. Application Prototyping; A Requirement.
Toronto: John Wiley & Sons, 1984.
- 13. Office of the Auditor General. Audit Guides - Auditing EDP:
Planning of the EDP Audit.
- 14. DMR Group, Information System Delivery Series, Prototyping Guide,
- EDP Auditor's Foundation. Control Objectives.
- Fitzgerald, Jerry. Designing Controls into Computerized Systems.
- FTP Technical Library, Auditing Computer Systems, Vol.III. 492 Old
Town Road, Port Jefferson Station, New Jersey, 11776.
- Gane, Christopher P. Structured Systems Analysis: Tools and
Techniques. New York: Improved Systems Technologies, 1977.
2nd Edition: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1979.
- The Institute of Internal Auditors. Managing The Information Systems
Audit: A Case Study.
- Kuong, Javier F. Controls for Advanced On-line/Data-Base Systems.
Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts: Management Advisory Publications
(P.O. Box 151-44 Washington Street, Wellesley Hills, Mass., 02181).
Part 2 is also available.
- Lowry, Christina and Little, Robert. The Perils of Prototyping,
Volume 8, Number 4. Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of
- MacEwan, Glenn H. Specification Prototyping. Kingston: Queen's
University, Department of Computing and Information Science, 1982.
- Martin, James. Security Accuracy, and Privacy in Computer Systems.
Englewood Cliifs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1973
- Martin, James. Strategic Data Planning Methodologies.
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1982.
- Perry, William E. Ensuring Data Base Integrity. New York: John Wiley
and Sons, 1983.
- Roder, Martha H. and Stroka, John M. Prototyping Increases Chance of
Systems Acceptance. Data Management Magazine, March, 1985.
- Willson and Root. Internal Auditing Manual. Boston: Warren, Gorham,
and Lamont. See Chapter 6.
- Yourdon, Edward. Managing the Structured Techniques. 2nd Edition.
New York: Yourdon Press, 1979.