ARCHIVED - Western Economic Diversification Canada - Supplementary Tables
This page has been archived.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Meeting Policy Requirements
Has the department incorporated environmental performance considerations in its procurement decision-making processes?
Summary of initiatives to incorporate environmental performance considerations in procurement decision-making processes:
- lifecycle management of assets incorporated into WD’s Asset Management Framework;
- use of mandatory green procurement tools established by Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC), e.g. standing offers;
- mandatory CampusDirect Green Procurement training for WD staff involved in purchasing;
- Information communicated to staff, e.g. “Green Tips”, procurement bulletins, green procurement tools; and
- Green procurement commitments are included in WD’s Sustainable Development Strategy (SDS) and are not required for performance evaluation purposes.
- exclusive use of electronic bid box;
- Green Procurement training for functional specialists completed;
- awareness of “green” office supplies beyond paper and office equipment;
- bi-annual staff awareness events on “Greening in Government”; and
- mandatory use of “green” standing offers for the purchase of recycled paper and office equipment including; furniture, printers, photocopiers, computers and monitors.
Contributions to facilitate government-wide implementation of green procurement:
Not applicable to WD
Green Procurement Targets
Has the department established green procurement targets?
Summary of green procurement targets:
- green procurement targets are based on previous year operational requirements; and
- purchases for green office supplies, furniture and the purchase/lease of green office equipment.
- in 2009, WD’s green procurement totalled $661K via contracts, purchase orders, acquisition card purchases and standing offer call-ups;
- purchases included desktop computers, laptop computers, light bulbs, paper, office supplies, monitors, fuel, seating, shredding, e-waste disposal, toner cartridges, printers and photocopiers;
- 100% of letter and legal size photocopier paper was purchased from “green” standing offers established by PWGSC; and
- 100% of printers/photocopiers were leased/purchased from “green” standing offers established by PWGSC.