Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Symbol of the Government of Canada

ARCHIVED - Public Service Staffing Tribunal


Warning This page has been archived.

Archived Content

Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.

Section III: Supplementary Information

Financial Highlights

The financial highlights presented within this report are intended to serve as a general overview of PSSTs financial position and operations. The Tribunals financial statements can be found on PSSTs website at: http://www.psst-tdfp.gc.ca/article.asp?id=3494



 
Condensed Statement of Financial Position
At End of Year March 31, 2009 (in dollars)
% Change 2009 2008
Assets      
Total Assets -85% 21,017 146,767
Total -85% 21,017 146,767


Liabilities      
Total Liabilities 9% 1,352,178 1,242,452

Equity      
Total Equity 21% (1,331,161) (1,095,685)
Total -85% 21,017 146,767



 
Condensed Statement of Financial Position
At End of Year March 31, 2009 (in dollars)
% Change 2009 2008
Expenses      
Total Expenses 9% 5,479,579 5,035,238
Revenues      
Total Revenues -55% 5 11
Net Cost of Operations 9% 5,479,574 5,035,227


Financial Highlights Chart

Spending Distribution by operational priorities

The majority of the funds, $3.8 million or 70%, were spent on the Adjudication Services while Mediation Services represented $1.6 million or 30% of total expenses.

Based on the Tribunals financial statements, total expenses were $5.5 million in 2008-2009. The majority of the funds, $3.8 million or 70%, were spent on the Adjudication Services while Mediation Services represented $1.6 million or 30% of total expenses.


Spending Distribution by Type

Total expenses for the Tribunal were $5.5 million in 2008-2009 of which $4.1 million or 76% were spent on salaries and employee benefits. The remaining $1.4 million or 24% were spent on other operating costs such as transportation costs, professional services fees, accommodation costs and cost for hearing and mediation facilities.

Total expenses for the Tribunal were $5.5 million in 2008-2009 of which $4.1 million or 76% were spent on salaries and employee benefits. The remaining $1.4 million or 24% were spent on other operating costs such as transportation costs, professional services fees, accommodation costs and cost for hearing and mediation facilities.