ARCHIVED - Contracting Policy Notice 2006-3 - Removal of definitions for advertising and public opinion research from the Contracting Policy
This page has been archived.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
August 30, 2006
To: Functional Heads, Finance and Administration of all Departments and Agencies
- The Treasury Board has amended the Contracting Policy of the Government
of Canada to reflect the government's commitments in its Federal
Accountability Action Plan involving the procurement of contracts for
advertising and public opinion research, a policy guidance on public opinion
research issues on April 28, 2005, and changes to government organization and
- Amendments have been made to the Contracting Policy under the
section for Advertising and Public Opinion Research
amendments apply to the following sub sections: 16.13.5, 16.13.6, 16.13.7 and
- Amendments are effective August 1, 2006.
- The applicable sections of the Treasury board Common Services Policy
have also been amended to reflect the transfer of the definitions of advertising
and public opinion research from the Contracting Policy to the Communications
Policy. These policies are available on the Treasury Board Secretariat
Web site at: http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/index-eng.asp.
- Departments are to follow the process and reporting requirements for
public opinion research and advertising as outlined in the Communications
Contracting Policy Web Site
- Online access: All TBS publications are now available online via the
TBS home page. To access this site, type the following in the
address section of your World Wide Web browser: http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/index-eng.asp
- You will be able to access this Contracting Policy Notice on the
home page via A-Z Index. In this page, go to Contracting. Here, you will find a list of all Contracting Policy Notices and TB circulars
still in effect.
- Enquiries concerning this Contracting Policy Notice may be addressed
to the Investment, Project Management and Procurement Policy Division,
Government Operations Sector, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat at
613-957‑0202, by fax at 613-952-1381 or by e-mail at: McKay.Mary@tbs-sct.gc.ca
Original signed by
Executive DirectorAssets and Acquired Services Directorate