Integrated planning guide
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject à to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Demographic information is a key component in the integrated planning process. The links provided below on demographics are intended to serve as a support to your department’s or agency’s planning efforts. It is recognized that many organizations already have procedures in place to capture demographic information.
The following information can be found on-line on the Canada Public Service Agency website
Federal Public Service Employment Statistics
The Public Service Human Resources Management Agency of Canada provides on-line access to a range of information on employment in the Public Service. The site contains aggregate, statistical data relating to departments and agencies.
- Public service demographics and
- This Canada Public Service Agency site provides a repository of information devoted to demographic analysis.
service commission annual reports
- The Public Service Commission annual reports provide information on the health of the PS staffing system and provide assessments of the staffing performance of departments and agencies that are governed by the current Public Service Employment Act.
- Employment Equity information
- The Employment Equity annual reports provide statistical highlights on Employment Equity designated group members across the Public Service.
- 2001 and 2006 Census
- The Census of Population provides information on population and dwelling counts not only for Canada, as a whole, but also for each province and territory, and for smaller geographic units such as cities or districts within cities. The census also provides information about Canada’s demographic, social and economic characteristics.
Development Canada – Labour Market information
- This site provides facts and figures about the labour market.
- Integrated planning
guidebook: public service commission statistical information site
- The PSC Statistical Information Site is called the statistical “Cube” because of its ability to drill down and sideways simultaneously, allowing for more precise data analysis. The “Cube” will help departments and agencies in preparing various types of reports, such as departmental trends in hiring and staffing activities and in making comparisons between HR activities in departments and agencies.
Public Service Commission role:
- Official reporter of hiring and staffing activities data and Employment Equity data related to staffing activities (recruitment, promotions, lateral and downward movements, etc.).
- Departments and agencies that staff under the Public Service Employment Act.
Contents of the statistical tool:
- Data: Hiring and staffing activities - Hiring of casuals - Hiring of students
- Definition and notes: Glossary – Department and agency acronyms and description - Occupational groups and description
- Variable list: List of variables available in the tools.
- Related links
- Tutorial: The “Tutorial” located on the side bar, will provide you with sufficient information to use this tool with ease and to start creating your own reports.
- Date modified: