Memorandum of Understanding - Council of Graphic Arts Unions of the Public Service of Canada and the Treasury Board - CGAU
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject à to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
- This Memorandum of Understanding shall remain in effect until amended or cancelled by mutual consent of the parties.
- This Memorandum of Understanding supersedes the Regulations respecting Pay on Reclassification or Conversion where the Regulations are inconsistent with the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Where the provisions of the collective agreement differ from those set out in the Memorandum of Understanding, the conditions set out in the Memorandum of Understanding shall prevail.
- Effective , this Memorandum of Understanding will form part of the collective agreement signed between the Council of Graphic Arts Unions of the Public Service of Canada and the Treasury Board.
Part I of this Memorandum of Understanding shall apply to the incumbents of positions which will be reclassified to a group and/or level having a lower attainable maximum rate of pay after the date this Memorandum of Understanding becomes effective.
NOTE: The term "attainable maximum rate of pay" means the rate attainable for fully satisfactory performance in the case of levels covered by a performance pay plan or the maximum salary rate in the case of all other groups and levels.
- Prior to a position being reclassified to a group and/or level having a lower attainable maximum rate of pay, the incumbent shall be notified in writing.
- Downward reclassification notwithstanding, an encumbered position shall be deemed to have retained for all purposes the former group and level. In respect to the pay of the incumbent, this may be cited as Salary Protection Status and subject to Section 3(b) below shall apply until the position is vacated or the attainable maximum of the reclassified level, as revised from time to time, becomes greater than that applicable, as revised from time to time, to the former classification level. Determination of the attainable maxima rates of pay shall be in accordance with the Retroactive Remuneration Regulations.
- The Employer will make a reasonable effort to transfer the incumbent to a position having a level equivalent to that of the former group and/or level of the position.
- In the event that an incumbent declines an offer of transfer to a position as in (a) above in the same geographic area, without good and sufficient reason, that incumbent shall be immediately paid at the rate of pay for the reclassified position.
Employees subject to section 3, will be considered to have transferred (as defined in the Public Service Terms and Conditions of Employment Regulations) for the purpose of determining increment dates and rate of pay.
Signed at Ottawa, this 16th day of the month of December 1986.
The Treasury Board of Canada
Robert V. Derikozis
Frank I. Berlin
The Council of Graphic Arts Unions of the Public Service of Canada
- Date modified: