Long description for image: /pol-cont/17068-02-eng.gif
- When a claim is received the manager requests that the claimant provide documentation to support the claim;
- If a formal investigation is required, the Security Directorate conducts a formal investigation and prepares a report for the manager;
- If the manager determines a legal opinion is required, claim documentation (including the investigation report, if applicable) is sent to Legal Services;
- When Legal Services provides advice to settle the claim, the manager prepares a report recommending payment;
- If a legal opinion is not required and the manager decides to settle the claim, the manager prepares a report recommending payment; and
- The payment process is followed.
Return to the Complete Text