Professional Audit Support Services (PASS) is a mandatory supply arrangement for the procurement of audit and financial management services. With PASS, federal departments and agencies can invite bids directly from a pool of experienced suppliers already pre-qualified in specialized work streams.
PASS was developed by the Office of the Comptroller General in cooperation with Public Works and Government Services Canada. Extensive consultations were also conducted with federal government and private sector communities.
PASS Work Streams
- Internal audit services
- Practice inspections
- Information technology and systems audits
- Forensic audits
- External audits
- Financial accounting services
- Internal control training
- Recipient and contribution agreement audits
Advantages of PASS
- Departments and agencies have ready access to a pool of approved suppliers with the appropriate education, skills and experience.
- PASS-specific Statement of Work and Request for Proposal templates simplify the contracting process for departments and agencies, enabling them to obtain the resources they need faster.
- Posting times for bids are shorter than on MERX (e.g. only one day for forensic audits).
- Qualified suppliers provide ceiling prices for their work, resulting in increased competition and better prices.
- PASS complies with international trade agreements, such as North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Suppliers can competitively bid to pre-qualify under one contracting vehicle for the Government of Canada, rather than working with each department and agency separately.
On this site you will find guidance and tools for navigating the PASS contracting process, from stream selection to contract award. For more information about PASS, please contact the Internal Audit Sector or consult the Public Works and Government Services Canada web site.
- Date modified: